Erich von Manstein (Verlorene Siege) quoted Schiller as having said:

What we omit from a single hour is lost to all eternity.

I have found similar things in Schiller’s writings, but not this exact sentence. Is it a true quotation?

closed as off-topic by boaten, dakab, Medi1Saif, Em1, fifaltra Dec 23 '15 at 22:35

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – boaten, dakab, Medi1Saif, Em1, fifaltra
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I have found similar things in Schiller's writings, but not this exact sentence. – IIRC, Schiller wrote in German. So, I suppose you want the closest translation? If yes, you should elaborate what dissatisfying findings you have, otherwise you might get those as an answer. – Wrzlprmft Dec 23 '15 at 7:31
    Also, you may want to take a look at this Area 51 proposal. – Wrzlprmft Dec 23 '15 at 7:32

I have found it:

Was man von der Minute ausgeschlagen
Gibt keine Ewigkeit zurück

Schiller, Gedichte, Stanza 18

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.