Could anyone tell me how you would say "I also have lots (of news) to tell you" in German, when speaking to friends who you haven't seen in quite a long time?

closed as off-topic by Hubert Schölnast, chirlu, O. R. Mapper, boaten, user unknown Mar 24 '16 at 1:27

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – Hubert Schölnast, chirlu, O. R. Mapper, boaten, user unknown
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

You could say

"Ich habe Dir viel zu erzählen."

or, if you want to emphasize the importance of your news:

"Ich muß Dir ganz viel erzählen."

• Vielen Dank für ihre Antwort – Emilia Bell Mar 23 '16 at 18:10
    "Ganz viel" ist Quantität, nicht Qualität. "Ganz wichtiges zu erzählen" wäre richtig, wenn es wichtig ist. – user unknown Mar 24 '16 at 1:25
  • @user unknown I thought about something important/ urgent for the speaker that would be stressed with muss and ganz – Arsak Mar 24 '16 at 7:26
    Ein dringendes Mitteilungsbedürfnis des Sprechers ist aber etwas anderes als dringende Nachrichten für den Empfänger. "Ich muss Dir ganz viel erzählen." heißt eher, dass man viel Tratsch austauschen möchte. Ganz viel unterstreicht, dass es viel ist. – user unknown Mar 24 '16 at 10:47
    Auch unter Freunden kann ein Interesse bestehen zwischen viel zu erzählen und wichtiges zu erzählen zu unterscheiden. Wer nur eine wichtige Sache zu erzählen hat wird kaum sagen 'ganz viel' um die Wichtigkeit zu unterstreichen, auch nicht unter Freunden. – user unknown Mar 24 '16 at 14:48

Man kann beispielsweise sagen: "Es gibt viel Neues zu berichten." oder "Ich habe viele Neuigkeiten."

• Ahh, danke schön. And that would be quite casual and informal? – Emilia Bell Mar 23 '16 at 17:43
  • @EmiliaBell Looks more like direct translations, I doubt that the news are exciting, if any of these variants were used. – Chieron Mar 23 '16 at 20:24
  • @Emilia Bell: What I suggested can certainly by used in a casual, informal situation, but I'd prefer that in writing, e.g. a personal letter or mail. What Marzipanherz has suggested fits way better when speaking to a person, which is what you had asked for. – Thomas Mar 23 '16 at 21:02

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.