How do you say " can't wait to see you guys " in German ?

closed as off-topic by boaten, chirlu, jera, Stephie, Hubert Schölnast Mar 30 '16 at 14:54

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – boaten, chirlu, jera, Stephie, Hubert Schölnast
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I think your downvote refers to the guideline "If your question could be answered by a dictionary, a grammar book, or another general reference, consult these." See source here – Pollitzer Mar 30 '16 at 12:14
    @Pollitzer: I don't think you'll find a GOOD answer to that in any dictionary, no matter how long you search. – Quandary Mar 30 '16 at 13:17
    @Pollitzer: The downvotes more likely are due to the lack of any research effort whatsoever. – chirlu Mar 30 '16 at 13:24

However, I would translate it with:

Ich kann es nicht abwarten, euch zu sehen, Jungs!

If you mean also women with "guys" it would be:

Ich kann es nicht abwarten, euch zu sehen, Leute!

Ich würde kaum erwarten statt nicht abwarten einsetzen. – guidot Mar 30 '16 at 12:34
  • Stimmt, trifft es genauer, wobei meines aber auch nicht falsch ist. – Pollitzer Mar 30 '16 at 12:44
    Ich find' kaum erwarten besser. – hiergiltdiestfu Mar 30 '16 at 15:35
    +1 for considering "guys" can also mean girls – Barth Zalewski Apr 1 '16 at 7:45

I would translate it like this:

Ich kann es kaum erwarten bis ihr kommt.

if you absolutely want to have the "guys" in there:

Jungs, ich kann es kaum erwarten bis ihr kommt.

That is only valid if the guys are visiting you, not if you are going to their place. – Iris Mar 30 '16 at 13:45
    @Iris: True. In that case you'd write: Jungs, ich kann es kaum erwarten bis ich bei euch bin. – Quandary Mar 30 '16 at 20:35
  • you'll get +1 if you update your answer :) – Iris Mar 31 '16 at 6:22

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.