It would be very helpful if you solve 3598462.

Your example is written as

drei Millionen fünfhundertachtundneunzigtausendvierhundertzweiundsechzig.

Up to 999'999, numbers are written in one word. The powers of 1000 from a million upwards are nouns and therefore capitalized. (Million, Milliarde, Billion, Billiarde etc.)

Reference: Wikipedia. Schreibweise von Zahlen especially section Große Zahlen in Wortform.

• I can not suggest an edit directly: "Edits must be at least 6 characters; is there something else to improve in this post?" Since numbers normally are written in lower case, you should edit: Drei Millionen fünfhundertachtundneunzigtausendvierhundertzweiundsechzig. into "drei Millionen fünfhundertachtundneunzigtausendvierhundertzweiundsechzig" No reason to provide an own answer, since there's nothing else to be added to your answer. – Quasimodo's clone May 20 '16 at 5:11
  • @Quasimodo’s clone: Drei is the first word here, though; that’s why it is capitalized. – chirlu May 20 '16 at 5:32
  • Of course, however, it is not a full sentence. Therefore I have enclosed the suggested phrase in quotes. And the more important reason: People looking for an answer are not able to distinguish if it is written upper case here just in order to a start of phrase or if you should capitalize it generally. Thus I suggest writing it correctly in general case and enclose it in quotes. It should be obvious to anyone leaving no questions. – Quasimodo's clone May 20 '16 at 5:50
    @Quasimodo’s clone: Code markup should not be used except for, well, code. Among other things, it causes screenreaders for the blind to no longer interpret it as words to be read. – chirlu May 20 '16 at 6:26
    Just to add an important fact especially for people from outside europe. If you have a number with 10 or more digits, you must remember, that 1.000.000.000 is not »eine Billion«! It is »eine Milliarde«. »Eine Billion« is 1.000.000.000.000, this is what you call in the US »one trillion«! So be careful with translating big numbers! – Hubert Schölnast May 20 '16 at 8:24

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.