I'm already using pons dictionary, but it is slow and needs internet connection. Thats why I'm asking you, what is the best DE-PL offline Android dictionary ?

closed as primarily opinion-based by Marakai, chirlu, tofro, Robert, Em1 May 22 '16 at 17:02

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Google translate allows the download of language packages and offline usage. It is as good as Google translate online – Iris May 22 '16 at 20:05
  • Yes, but it is translator not dictionary. – Caporeira May 22 '16 at 20:13
  • -1 As you didn't even state what PL means. – c.p. May 23 '16 at 6:11
    @c.p.: PL is the ISO 639 code for Polish. – chirlu May 23 '16 at 6:46
  • Danke, @chirlu, das war mir klar (auch wenn ich den Code nicht kenne). Mir geht es darum, dass PL ausgeschrieben werden muss. – c.p. May 23 '16 at 10:31

Try to download the offline dictionary dict.cc (which can be downloaded from the play store here). It will not cover everything, but at least it will be better than pons, after it can be used offline.

Great offline solution … – chirlu May 22 '16 at 11:35
    Well, there is an app which is called "dict.cc" for that, and it is offline. So what is the problem here? – arc_lupus May 23 '16 at 5:02
    That you don’t write that. – chirlu May 23 '16 at 5:22
    @c.p.: It’s not obvious that the dict.cc website has a corresponding smartphone app for offline use. (I’ve now found a mention somewhere deep in the site.) This wouldn’t have been the first answer that didn’t properly read and address the question. In any case, it’s still too short and doesn’t even contain a link to the resource. – chirlu May 23 '16 at 6:50
    @chirlu: I added a link, and extended the answer. Is that sufficient? – arc_lupus May 23 '16 at 9:16

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.