Wir haben nur zwei Wochen dort verbracht - is that right?

closed as off-topic by Jan, Em1, tofro, Hubert Schölnast, DerPolyglott33 Jun 20 '16 at 8:24

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – Em1, tofro, Hubert Schölnast, DerPolyglott33
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Hi and welcome to German Language Stack Exchange. Feel free to take a tour of the site. Visit the help center to understand more about how it works. – Jan Jun 19 '16 at 13:35
  • What is the intended meaning? – Carsten S Jun 20 '16 at 7:55

I see different possibilities listed in order of my personal preference:

1. Wir haben nur zwei Wochen dort verbracht.
  2. Dort haben wir nur zwei Wochen verbracht.
  3. Nur zwei Wochen haben wir dort verbracht.
  4. Verbracht haben wir dort nur zwei Wochen.
  • Hi and welcome to German Language Stack Exchange. Feel free to take a tour of the site. Visit the help center for remaining questions on how it works. Unfortunately, you answered a question which is probably not going to be considered on-topic in the long run and will be closed soon. Do feel welcome to continue contributing to other questions, though. – Jan Jun 19 '16 at 14:03

That works for me, Laura.

Alternatively: Dort haben wir nur zwei Wochen verbracht.

• The alternative does change the priority of the emphasis, tho. By putting the place further up the line, it's receiving more importance. – hiergiltdiestfu Jun 20 '16 at 7:01

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.