I can't work it out. It's mentioned so many times in this audiobook, but I don't know what it is. Please help.

The first 5 seconds or so should be enough to get it.

This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlkj6uJzJjw

It starts:

'Dies ist eine Liebelwochs aufname'

Translating to:

'This is a "something" admission'

What is this "something"?

Thanks in advance for the help

Also in future, what should I do if I come up against this type of situation again?

What are good ways of figuring out the word by myself?

Aufnahme would translate to recording here. – guidot Aug 19 '16 at 21:15

It's really a bit hard to understand the first time but he repeats the word a few times. It's librivox.

According to wiki:

LibriVox is a group of worldwide volunteers who read and record public domain texts creating free public domain audiobooks for download from their website and other digital library hosting sites on the internet.

The sentence he says is:

This is a librivox recording; all librivox recordings are in the public domain and are public property.

| improve this answer | |
    Thanks so much, the audiobook was saying it so many times and it was driving me nuts not knowing what it was – Sam Houston Aug 19 '16 at 17:37
  • You're welcome. Sometimes it is really hard, I know exactly what you mean. – PerlDuck Aug 19 '16 at 17:43
  • @PerlDog you are welcome. It is always a pleasure, when one does not need to write a new answer and can slightly edit an existing one :D – Ludi Aug 22 '16 at 6:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.