Erstellen Sie eine ungeordnete Liste mit allen Punkten, die Sie in dem Text unterbringen möchten.

I can not understand why we have Dativ here, instead od Akkusativ. It is a motion, something is happening. Still it is written in Dativ.

Being a movement-verb is not the whole story. You can laufen ins Haus but also laufen im Haus. In both cases you move. – c.p. Nov 1 '16 at 15:33
  • Could you explain the difference to me? I always though that Dativ has to do something with the place, and Akkusativ with the motion. – blackarrow Nov 1 '16 at 15:40
    Exactly. If you were talking about moving points into the text, accusative it is, but you are talking about points in the text, i.e. where (not where to), hence dative. – Ingmar Nov 1 '16 at 15:45

Akkusativ

You use accusative case if the object is some kind of direction. You can ask for if with the word »wohin« (where to).

Ich gehe in die Stadt. Ich gehe wohin?
I walk into the city. I walk where to?

Ich fahre in den Wald. Ich fahre wohin?
I drive into the wood. I drive where to?

Ich laufe in das Haus. Ich laufe wohin?
I run into the house. I run where to?

Dativ

You use dative case if the object is some kind of place. You can ask for if with the word »wo« (where).

Ich gehe in der Stadt. Ich gehe wo?
I walk in the city. I walk where?

Ich fahre in dem Wald. (in + dem = im, so better: Ich fahre im Wald.) Ich fahre wo?
I drive in the wood. I drive where?

Ich laufe in dem Haus. (better: Ich laufe im Haus.) Ich laufe wo?
I run in the house. I run where?

The point in your example is, that the verb »unterbringen« (to place; to store) is something that you do not to a place, but at a place. It is not a movement towards a target. It is an action that you perform at (not to) a given place. And this is the reason, why »unterbringe« needs dative case.

I know, you could say, that you move something to the place where you want to place/store it, but at least in this case you just have to accept, that the German word »unterbringen« doesn't work in this manner.

| improve this answer | |

Yes, and thats correct. In this example "dem" is used, because you reference with what you want to interact (in this case the "Text").

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.