I am trying to say:

the increased economic value provided by the student.

Is this the correct ordering of the adjectives?

der vom Studenten angebotene erhöhte wirtschaftliche Wert

The order is practically correct, but you chose a wrong word for practically everything except for Studenten and Wert. – Jan Nov 30 '16 at 20:41
  • @Jan How would you word it? – Charlie Harding Nov 30 '16 at 21:03
    ‘Der durch den Studenten verursachte erhöhte ökonomische Wert.’ – Jan Nov 30 '16 at 21:05
    We need more context. I think erbringen is better than verursachen. Persons verursachen negative effects but I think the effect described is positive. Beitragen is also an alternative. – Janka Nov 30 '16 at 21:49
    ...der erhöhte Wirtschaftsbeitrag des Studenten... – tofro Dec 1 '16 at 14:31

Yes, the order of the adjectives is correct.

"Wirtschaftliche" has to stand right besides "Wert" because it references it directly. It would sound kind of strange to put it the other way around. (Ignoring the fact, that the sentence sounds pretty strange anyway because of the choice of words)

I'd rather go with a relative clause

Der erhöhte wirtschaftliche Wert, der vom Studenten angegeben/bereitgestellt/[whatever fits the context best] wurde

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.