I am puzzled about these preposition in Deutsch.
What's the main difference among them?

I have a example. I give my understanding after the Deutsch. Can I understanding in this way?

Das Es → The it?
An Es → on/at/by it?
In Es → in it?
Vom Ich → from I?
Aus Mir → from me? Ich ins Es → I in it?

Added explanation: I know this is a bad example. But it is from a German book. That's why I feel so confused. This kind of usage is not common.
If my understanding is wrong, please tell me how to understand them in a right way.

closed as unclear what you're asking by Jan, user unknown, Em1, Eller, Matthias Dec 4 '16 at 21:11

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Those examples make little to no sense. This is mostly because you haven't declined es properly. This is required because it makes a big difference whether a preposition is used with nominative, genitive, dative or accusative.

In es (accusative) for example means into it.

Das Heft war fast voll. Ich schrieb weiter in es hinein.

The notebook was nearly full. I continued to write into it.

In ihm (dative) in contrary means inside it.

In ihm (dem Heft) stand soviel Unsinn.

Inside it (the notebook) was so much nonsense.

Prepositions which take nominative or genitive are less common.

But most important, the meaning of prepositions in German (and in English, too) depend on the verbs they are connected with.

Er klebte eine Notiz an die Tür.

He stuck a note to the door.

Ich mag alles an ihr.

I like everything about her.

An diesem Tag ging alles schief.

At that day all went wrong.

So there is no direct translation possible. You have to learn the multiple meanings of each single verb and which preposition is used for which meaning.

• Those example are from a German book. I know that they look like a little strange. That's why I don't understand them. – Echo Yang Dec 5 '16 at 1:46
    @Echo Yang: please tell which book. It's horrible. – Janka Dec 5 '16 at 1:52

"Das" and "es" are substitutes that mean "this" and "it," respectively. You would not use them together.

You don't decline "es" with prepositions. You would use e.g. an/in with dem, der, dem, or den (dative for location), depending on the gender/plurality of the underlying noun.

Von takes on a dative object. So you would say "von mir," not "von ich." You could also say "aus mir."

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.