I'm learning about the different adjektivdeklination, and I tried to come up with my own sentence, using adjectives.

Meine hübsch Mädchen besucht kein klein Museum.

By my understanding, there should not be an added ending on hübsch neither on klein, since I have choosen to use mein and kein.

I have the following table (see below), but after reading on https://deutsch.lingolia.com/de/grammatik/adjektive/deklination it seems that I may have misinterpreted my own table.

enter image description here

marked as duplicate by Jan, user1583209, Beta, c.p., Hubert Schölnast Jan 20 '17 at 21:47

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Yes, you have misinterpreted your table, or it is wrong. Also, Mädchen is neuter. – Carsten S Jan 19 '17 at 19:27
    "Mein hübsches Mädchen besucht kein kleines Museum"? @carstens – Olba12 Jan 19 '17 at 19:29
    Yes, even though that is a strange thing to say ;) – Carsten S Jan 19 '17 at 19:30
  • @CarstenS Wow? Why? It looks to me exactly like a tricky example sentence from a German school textbook. :-) – user259412 Jan 20 '17 at 8:19
    And "mein hübsches Mädchen" is also slightly creepy. – Carsten S Jan 20 '17 at 9:34

I hope the following jpg will help. I did it myself, you may use it as you like. Übersicht über die Deklination von Adjektiven

BASICS

Which adjective-ending you use depends on whether or not you find an article-ending in front of the adjective.

E.g. in the sentence:

• Ich sehe einen grünen Frosch.

you find "einen" with the ending "-en" in front of grünen.

In the sentences:

• Ich sehe [X] ein grünes Auto.
  • Ich sehe [X] grüne Autos.

you don't find any article-endings [indicated by the X]

NEXT STEPS

Once you have figured out whether or not there's an article-ending in front of the adjective, you "only" need to apply the following rules:

IN CASE OF AN ENDING

SIMPLY APPLY THE FOLLOWING RULES:

1. Once -en always -en
  2. Adjectives in Plural Dative or Genitive always -en
  3. After der / das / die always -e

EXAMPLES FOR EACH RULE:

1. Ich sehe einen grünen Frosch [einen ends in -en so grünen has to end in -en as well.]
  2. Plural: Ich sehe die grünen Frösche.

Dativ: Ich helfe dem grünen Frosch.

Genitiv: Ich esse die Beine des grünen Frosches.

3. (der = masculine): Der grüne Frosch ist lecker (+).

(das = neuter): Das grüne Auto ist schnell (+).

(die = feminine): Die grüne Blume ist schön (+).

(+) Adjectives at the end of a sentence never get any ending.

IN CASE THERE'S NO ARTICLE ENDING

"simply" add the ending that a regular article would take if it was in the adjectives place. A couple of examples:

• Ich sehe [X] grüne Autos. <-- grün gets the same ending as a "die" would get in its place
  • Ich habe ein grünes Auto. <-- grün gets the same ending as a "das" would get in its place

This is just a rough overview of a really logical and beautiful technique which is much better explained and visualized in a video I made for those interested.

Viel Erfolg mit Deinem Deutsch

• On the Stackexchange Network self-promotion generally is frowned upon. This case is borderline as the video really is helpful, is explained here in detail and it was made clear that you are the author. I hope you understand that I had to edit out the promotional bit to make it less prominent. – Takkat Jan 20 '17 at 19:29
  • For more also read: meta.stackexchange.com/questions/94022/… – Takkat Jan 20 '17 at 19:38
  • Dear @Takkat. The question is what you consider self-promotion:The video is free of charge and the best out there. Any former answer is simply way more complex and doesn't help the user as good as my answer. Now, I of course could ask a friend to post this under her name and you wouldn't consider it self-promotion. But I don't work like this. I offer solid advice to help the learner / user. What would your suggestion be here? That I ask others to share my expertise? It would also help me if I could see what you have taken out so that I can avoid such content in the future. – Michael Schmitz Jan 21 '17 at 11:37
    FYI: that exactly was why we did not remove this post. Your other post was already flagged as spam because the video you linked to had a promo for your book in it. More here: german.stackexchange.com/help/behavior and german.stackexchange.com/help/promotion. Because the SE network sadly is a highly frequented target for all kinds of spam there is little room for debate. All edits can be viewed by clicking on the edited xxx ago link. – Takkat Jan 21 '17 at 12:15
  • A sidenote: Now, I of course could ask a friend to post this under her name and you wouldn't consider it self-promotion. – As your friend would advertise your content for their own good (to nurture your friendship), this would also be what we classify as spam – if they do not disclose their affiliation to you. In general, if your post (and not your link) actually answers the question, you disclose your affiliation, and you do not overdo it, everything should be okay. – Wrzlprmft Jan 21 '17 at 19:55

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.