I want to translate the English sentence "Next weekend doesn't work / won't work" into German. Are either of the following correct German translations, and if so, is one of them preferred?
- (1) "Nächstes Wochenende geht nicht", or
- (2) "Nächstes Wochenende geht es nicht"?
(The bold font on "es" is just to point out the difference.)
And likewise, translating "The next day doesn't/won't work":
- (A) "Der nächste Tag geht nicht", or
- (B) "Der nächste Tag geht es nicht", or
- (C) "Den nächsten Tag geht nicht", or
- (D) "Den nächsten Tag geht es nicht"?
I would like to work out (assuming some of the above are correct) which objects (of "es", "next weekend", "the next day") are (translating as) nominative or accusative (note there's no dative appearing).
Finally, are there German translations of these English phrases which are more correct than any of those listed above?