You said you wanted to be surprised. So surprise! Will you go to the prom with me?

Du hast gesagt, du wolltest überrascht sein. Also überraschung! Willst du mit mir zum Ball gehen?

I'm planning on asking a German friend of mine out for prom. I translated it from google translate, but I don't know how accurate it is since the only one who knows German around here is she.

closed as off-topic by Jan, dakab, unor, Robert, Takkat Mar 19 '17 at 7:30

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – Jan, dakab, unor, Robert, Takkat
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• ‘How accurate is this translation’ is off-topic here; we are not a translation proofreading service. If you narrow it down to a single point of concern it would make it on-topic again. – Jan Mar 18 '17 at 23:14
    "Du wolltest doch überrascht werden! Also, Überraschung! …" – Janka Mar 18 '17 at 23:40