What will be the adjective ending for the plural form of nouns that end with this one--> for example: Das Sofa the plural form is "Die Sofas" should i just omit the letter "n" for this word? I got confused by the rule of applying the "n" at the end of the word like: "Die netten Kindern".

closed as unclear what you're asking by user unknown, IQV, Em1, Hubert Schölnast, Dustin Apr 22 '17 at 4:51

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Why do you want to add a 'n'? Can you clarify your question? I don't understand what you are asking. – Robert Apr 1 '17 at 22:01
  • Von welcher Regel redest Du? "Die netten Kindern" ist auch falsch. – user unknown Apr 2 '17 at 9:46
  • Yes.I know now that what was stated above was indeed wrong!! Thank you for widening my understanding. – Snailee Apr 2 '17 at 10:34

It doesn't matter which plural form a particular noun uses, the rules about which adjective ending to use don't require this information. So it's for nominative

das Sofa -> die Sofas -> die netten Sofas
das Kind -> die Kinder -> die netten Kinder

and for dative

dem Sofa -> den Sofas -> den netten Sofas
dem Kind -> den Kindern -> den netten Kindern

"Die netten Kindern" is wrong, no matter how you look at it.

For a table of adjective endings in strong/weak/mixed inflection, see e.g. wikipedia.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.