I'm new here. Today i wanna ask you how do the people say "Mind my/your own business" or "I've got to mind my own business", or "I've got [something] to mind on" in german? Thanks in advance!

closed as off-topic by tofro, Em1, Hubert Schölnast, Robert, Wrzlprmft Apr 6 '17 at 20:30

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave these specific reasons:

• "This site is about the usage and rules of the German language. It is not well-suited to replace dictionaries, grammar books or similar. If you have already consulted such general references and still have questions, please edit your question to explain what you found and why it did not help. See this post on Meta for more information." – tofro, Wrzlprmft
  • "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – Em1, Hubert Schölnast, Robert
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Where have you looked and what have you found so far? – tofro Apr 6 '17 at 14:00

Some translations for the "mind your own business". (from less impolite to impolite)

Kümmere dich um deine eigenen Angelegenheiten!

Kümmere dich um deinen eigenen Kram!

Kümmere dich um deinen eigenen Dreck!

Other related sentences (which are more "That is none of your business") are;

Das geht dich nichts an!

Das geht dich einen Schmarren an!

But be careful, these sentences can be very offensive and rude.

• Das geht dich nichts/einen Schmarrn/... an has a slightly different meaning. – tofro Apr 6 '17 at 19:45
  • (adding to tofro's comment) It means "That's none of your business" and in a pretty familiar/crude/direct way (as opposed to "That doesn't concern you"). – Tom Hundt Apr 6 '17 at 19:51

I like

Keine Einmischsache!
(No matter to meddle!)

as an alternative to

Halt dich da raus!
(Keep out (of the matter)!)

The first one is a special choice (from a girl on the street), the second one is common.

Never heard this one. Is it regional or from a book/movie? – Arsak Apr 6 '17 at 22:51
  • @Marzipanherz: Please see my updated answer. – Pollitzer Apr 7 '17 at 6:56
    from a girl on the street :) +1 – Ad Infinitum Apr 7 '17 at 7:33
    Never heard of "Keine Einmischsache". In fact, "Einmischsache" has only one Google hit, which isn't even about the whole word... – Philipp Flenker Apr 7 '17 at 8:47
    @Pollitzer Nice creation and interesting source :) – Arsak Apr 7 '17 at 15:25

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.