I got a translation in the German version of 'Friends' (TV series):

Irgendwas muss daran mit dir faul sein.

Is it a correct translation? Do we have better ones? I couldn't find this usage of 'faul' in dictionary via Google. To me 'faul' only means 'lazy'.

closed as off-topic by Em1, Robert, user unknown, IQV, DerPolyglott33 May 8 '17 at 23:17

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – Em1, Robert, DerPolyglott33
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Please edit your question to clarify: 1) What is the original line? 2) What is the context of the original line? 3) What do you already know and why are you skeptical? – Wrzlprmft May 9 '17 at 7:25

I would suggest the following:

Irgendetwas stimmt nicht mit dir.

The translation that you provided is not entirely correct (in terms of grammar). "irgendwas muss faul sein" is more used when a situation seems to be a bit strange, it is not commonly used for people.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.