I live in Germany since 1 year and I am super new to this forum and I was hoping someone can help verify this translation.

Its for a video I am making and I have written a simple translation

Hungry! -> Hungrig!

Someone Around -> Jemand In der Nahe

Is cooking -> Kocht

Go get some -> Geh weiter und ess

closed as off-topic by Hubert Schölnast, Roland Illig, Christian Geiselmann, Carsten S, Wrzlprmft Jun 11 '17 at 14:30

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – Hubert Schölnast, Roland Illig, Christian Geiselmann, Carsten S, Wrzlprmft
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Please ask only one question per question and also be more specific about the context and what you already know. – Wrzlprmft Jun 11 '17 at 14:30

Hungry is indeed hungrig.

Just "someone around" (don't you mean "someone is around"?) is indeed "jemand ist in der Nähe", although it is not too common. If however, you mean it as a question, something like Is someone around?, then this would be Ist jemand da? (usual one) or Ist jemand in der Nähe?.

Cooking is indeed kochen, so for example He is cooking translates to Er kocht.

Go get some would then translate to Gehe los und hole etwas, for example when you want to say to your friend Go get some bananas, that would be Gehe los und hole Bananen.

I hope this helps you. Your translations were not bad, you are on a good way of learning German!

• Thanks a lot @kuma . When I write "some around" I mean to say that someone around is cooking. Its not in the question kind of sense. So do you think "Jemand in der Nahe" is good translation? – orange14 Jun 10 '17 at 19:35
  • In what context do you want to use that sentence? If you mean by "someone around is cooking" something like "there is someone nearby that is cooking" then you say "Jemand in der Nähe kocht". But if you want to say for example that your mother is around (e.g. in your house) and she is cooking, then you say "Jemand ist da und kocht". If you say "In der Nähe", it means "nearby" and "da" is "there" or "around". So it depends on the context that you want to use that phrase. – Kuma Jun 10 '17 at 19:44
  • @orange14 Awesome! – Kuma Jun 10 '17 at 19:53

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.