I have noticed that both seem to mean the same thing.

Is there a difference between them?

• Probably one would not say one of these (missing object), but Text and Nachricht are used differently in some contexts (f.i. networking). – TeXnician Jun 15 '17 at 16:26
    They are the same only in the meaning a text can be a message. – Janka Jun 15 '17 at 17:14
    "Nachricht" means "Message" and "Text" means "Text". A message is usually a text but a text is not always a message. – RHa Jun 15 '17 at 17:15
  • Please but the actual question into the body of your post and use the title to describe what it is about. – Jan Jun 15 '17 at 17:16
    Why did you accept the very answer that (currently) has -9 points??? :-o – Björn Friedrich Jun 19 '17 at 8:10

In response to your concrete question, if you want to say text me - send me a notice - drop me a message or something alike, you can say:

• schick / schreib mir eine Nachricht
  • schick / schreib mir eine SMS/WhatsApp/etc... (more specific)

But there are the expressions inform me - notify me - let me know as well. Then you could say:

It's not totally clear what the exact context is in your question, but I hope it helps.

As commenters noted, "Nachricht" means "message" and "Text" means "text", so you would be able to use the two words interchangeably where you only expect a message to be entered (since you can only enter messages that consist of text.) It's the same in English though.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.