phrase between Hausvater and Hausmutter

On the left I can see the "Hausvater" is Johan Michael Manner citizen of W_____ born ? Ob________ date 10 May 1806. Is the "Ob" word a city or town do you think?

On the right is the "Hausmutter" but it is too damaged to make out more than Joha...1810.

Can you help with the phrase in the middle ending with the date 7 July(?) 1836 ? Below this info (but not pictured) are the fathers' names of the "Hausvater" and "Hausmutter".

Also, what does this figure indicate?enter image description here

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

The figure at the bottom of your post might be the sign for the currency Gulden or parts of the Gulden, i.e. the Kreuzer – Beta Jun 27 '17 at 21:01

Left side:

Hausvater

Johann Michael Mauer

Bürger(?) u. Weingärtner

geboren in

Oberriexingen, den 10. Mai 1806

Basically name and profession. The "Bürger" part I'm unsure, but the second ("Weingärtner") word is "wine grower" - Then "born in"

Middle

Kopuliert in Enzweihingen,

That's "married in Enzweihingen" - today "kopulieren" is only used to describe sexual intercourse, but it used to be used for "to marry".

Right

Hausmutter ...(that's all too hard to read for me, I could only guess)

Oberriexingen and Enzweihingen are two small villages near Vaihingen/Enz, a small city in the south of Germany near Stuttgart.

| improve this answer | |
    It seems to say Johanna Frederike under Hausmutter, and the surname of the Hausvater is not Manner but Mauer – Beta Jun 27 '17 at 20:43
    On second thought, you are right regarding the surname - The first name of the wife, well that could be, but could be anything else... – tofro Jun 27 '17 at 20:48
    Well, anything that starts with "Johan" – sgf Jun 28 '17 at 1:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.