Although the question is a duplicate, the answers here are also enlightening.

With Google I can find examples using e.g.

gerät unter dem Einfluss  
gerät unter den Einfluss  
gerät unter Einfluss

What is the difference?

• This question is about the use of two-way prepositions / Wechselpräpositionen. – user28953 Jul 22 '17 at 19:45

Verbs of movement together with prepositions for locality (über, unter, an, in,...) can rule either the accusative or the genitive.

Accusative denotes movement towards something, while dative denotes movement within something.

Ich gehe in den Park

means I'm somewhere else and go towards the park

Ich gehe im Park

means I'm already in the park and move about there

Same goes with unter and über

Ich rette mich unter eine Brücke vor dem Unwetter

means I'm somewhere else and move under the bridge from the rain

Während des Unwetters ging ich unter der Brücke auf und ab

maybe I was bored and walked about under the bridge to waste some time while it was raining.

Now to your example fragments (you really should provide a bit more context - As given, some of your fragments might or might not be wrong:

geraten as a verb of movement falls under the same rules as above.

Jeden Tag geraten die Weltmeere unter dem Einfluß der Schwerkraft des Mondes in Bewegung

Einfluß stands in dative here, because there's no movement towards something - the influence of gravity of the moon applies all the time, constantly.

Geraten Jugendliche unter den Einfluß fundmentalistischer Strömungen, kann es sein, dass sie sich extrem schnell radikalisieren.

This is definitely a movement towards the influence - thus accusative.

Geraten Jugendliche unter Einfluss fundamentalistischer ...

is accusative as well (after all, it is the same sentence) - The main difference is that "Einfluß" is now handled as an uncountable which means it can come without a definite or indefinite article.

Unter Einfluß von Alkohol sollte man nicht Auto fahren.

• Actually, "gerät unter den Einfluss" is not a movement toward something, but more properly a movement into something (which uses the accusative as well, of course). Also I think you should point out that "gerät unter dem Einfluss" is not even a phrase (unter... ist kein Präpositionalobjekt), while "gerät unter dem Einfluss" is. – sgf Jul 22 '17 at 16:44
  • @sgf I cannot see that either "...unter dem Einfluss" or "...unter den Einfluss" are phrases at all - Both are fragments that can be used to form a proper sentence (see examples). And "unter" is definitely not "into". – tofro Jul 23 '17 at 9:34

gerät unter dem Einfluss

gerät unter den Einfluss

Indeed both variants are correct but they do have a different meaning:

Nearly any verb can be combined with "unter dem Einfluss" to indicate that something happens while or because something different has an influence:

Er fuhr das Auto unter dem Einfluss von Alkohol.

He drove the car being under the influence of alcohol.

This also possible with the verb "geraten":

Er gerät unter dem Einfluss von Alkohol an die Leitplanke.

The other variant is a fixed expression:

unter den Einfluss ... geraten

This expression means that something or someone was not under the influence of something before and now is getting under that influence. Example:

Der Politiker gerät unter den Einfluss der Lobbyvertreter.

The politician is getting under the influence of the lobbyists.

The following expression might be used as shortcut for both variants:

gerät unter Einfluss

However I would mainly use it as shortcut for "dem Einfluss":

Er gerät unter Einfluss von Alkohol an die Leitplanke.

Just to make it more difficult:

I said nearly any verb can be combined with "unter dem Einfluss". This is also true for "unter den Einfluss geraten":

Der Politiker gerät unter dem Einfluss von Bestechungsgeldern unter den Einfluss der Lobbyisten.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.