I'm having a hard time translating the word dependability in the context of software systems. Intuitively I would translate it as Zuverlässigkeit, synonymously to reliability.
But reading this paper got me thinking. It states that dependability encompasses reliability:
As developed over the past three decades, dependability is an integrating concept that encompasses the following attributes:
- availability: readiness for correct service;
- reliability: continuity of correct service;
- safety: absence of catastrophic consequences on the user(s) and the environment;
- integrity: absence of improper system alterations;
- maintainability: ability to undergo modifications, and repairs.
So my question is how to translate dependability and reliability in this context in a way that captures this distinction?