I stumbled upon this phrase in a text, where someone is praising this guy's qualities, and I'm in doubt whether it means that every color fits him (about clothes) or (in a more figurative manner) that he blends comfortably in every situation. Does anyone know this expression? Thank you very much.

It's about clothes. I never heard or read this in the meaning of blending in comfortably. Such a figurative meaning would involve the word Chamäleon and it's not nice. – Janka Jul 29 '17 at 23:36
    Related: german.stackexchange.com/q/35110 – Pollitzer Jul 30 '17 at 7:56

This expression is commonly used in a literal sence, i.e. he can wear every color refering to clothes. Sometimes it is used when refering to haircolor, usually when someone dyes their hair.

Yepp, that means: this person looks always beautiful, regardless of what he is wearing. It's a politeness phrase. Rarely meant seriously.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.