How to translate the following sentence to German. Having one good friend is better than having thousand bad friends. Please help.

closed as off-topic by c.p., Christian Geiselmann, Philipp, äüö, Björn Friedrich Nov 1 '17 at 17:23

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – c.p., Christian Geiselmann, Philipp, äüö
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Please read the above. – Wrzlprmft Nov 2 '17 at 7:37

I would translate it as:

Einen guten Freund zu haben ist besser als tausend schlechte (Freunde zu haben).

The latter part (the part I put in parentheses) doesn't have to be repeated, in my opinion. I wouldn't repeat it in English either.

• Greetings from google translate ;) – äüö Nov 1 '17 at 16:17
  • @äöü: Could be that Google can translate it. I don't fully trust it, though. Sometimes, it still throws out weird constructs, even if it has become much better than a few years ago. – Rudy Velthuis Nov 1 '17 at 16:19

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.