I need to know if

"Zeit nimmt alles"

is a valid phrase, I think it translates to

"Times take everything".

The context is for "Time takes everything" is more like "Time takes every pain away" (might be the dead of a close person, breakup, disappointment, etc.) but not saying pain in the phrase, how would it be translated to german?

Should it be "Die Zeit nimmt alles"?

What do you want to say with this expression? Actually it's hard to answer your question, so some more context is necessary. By now, your question is a simple proof-reading request which will be closed as off-topic.
    – IQV
    Nov 30 '17 at 14:07
    Is the english expression correct? I think it should either be "time takes everything" or "times take everything".
    – IQV
    Nov 30 '17 at 14:17
    tbh I never heard either of both before. Where did you hear/read that? perhaps a little more context would help
    – Tommylee2k
    Nov 30 '17 at 14:51
    Wordwise and grammatically, "Zeit nimmt alles" is a correct translation of "Time takes everything". But it could still be wrong because translations should reflect meanings and not just words. For that purpose, it is required to understand/know what the intended meaning of "Time takes everything" is. Is that an idiom or saying in English? Nov 30 '17 at 14:54
    For "Time takes every pain away", there is the German saying "Zeit heilt alle Wunden" - as already mentioned in the answer - , literally translated: "Time heals all wounds". Nov 30 '17 at 18:30

There is a German saying

Zeit heilt alle Wunden.

literally translated: "Time heals all wounds."

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.