If I'm writing a letter, and I want to say something like,

"If you feel it is appropriate, then could you perhaps forward this letter to them?"

(Specifically, in this context, I want to send a request to someone, but they are on break and can only be contacted through an intermediary. I'm sending the letter to the intermediary, asking if it can be forwarded to the first person)

How should I do this? My guess would be:

Falls Sie denken, dass es zutreffend ist, können Sie vielleicht ihr diesen Brief weitergleiten?

But I know that can't be right. Can anyone suggest a more correct way of saying this?

Thanks!

closed as off-topic by Robert, PiedPiper, clemens, IQV, Björn Friedrich Dec 15 '17 at 8:15

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – Robert, PiedPiper, clemens, IQV, Björn Friedrich
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Translation or proofreading requests are off-topic here. Can you add some more specific questions on why you about your translation? – Robert Dec 14 '17 at 21:59

Falls Sie denken, dass es angemessen ist, können Sie ihr vielleicht diesen Brief weiterleiten?

Das ihr muss vorgezogen werden, weiterleiten ist ohne g - weitergleiten, dass tun die Skier.

Zutreffend ist selten eine angemessene Übersetzung für appropriate.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.