Would anybody be able to help me translate this sentence to German? 'Can you recommend a cafe where we could have coffee and cake?'

Many thanks :)

closed as off-topic by Thomas, Robert, Tom Au, unor, c.p. Jan 27 '18 at 18:12

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – Thomas, Robert, Tom Au, unor, c.p.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I'd expect coffee and cake to be offered in every cafe, so the second part of your question is kind of redundant.

Therefore I'd just say:

Können Sie mir ein [gutes] Café empfehlen?

If you insist on the whole sentence, you could perhaps say:

Können Sie mir ein Café empfehlen, in dem ich Kaffee und Kuchen bekommen kann?

• In den USA ist ein Cafe oft etwas, was in Deutschland ein Restaurant wäre, daher ist der Zusatz wegen Kaffee und Kuchen für Amerikaner sinnvoll. – Robert Jan 27 '18 at 17:59
    @Robert ...welchen aber man im Deutschen doch weglassen könnte. (Am besten will man ja dies im deutschsprachigen Raum fragen, und nicht in den USA.) – c.p. Jan 27 '18 at 18:16
  • @tofro Richtig, das war nur als Ergänzung / Erklärung, weil Jürgen darüber gestolpert ist. – Robert Jan 27 '18 at 22:49

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.