Could anyone tell me, how should I understand the expression in the title? As far as I can google, this is equivalent of "TAAADAM!", isn't it? Or at least it's my guessing.

I do not know what "TAADAM" means. The sentence in the title is not grammatically correct, by the way. – Carsten S Jan 31 '18 at 12:48
  • anyway, Tagesspiegel uses it. tagesspiegel.de/kultur/staatsoper-berlin-bald-ist-es-soweit/… – MarcinSzaleniec Jan 31 '18 at 12:51
  • @Carsten: What? The word order is exactly the same. Anyway, what is incorrect (except for the missing exclamation point or full stop) about "Bald ist es soweit"? – Rudy Velthuis Jan 31 '18 at 13:09
  • @Carsten: just did. Got it. – Rudy Velthuis Jan 31 '18 at 13:10
    Note regarding my comment above, which I will let stand because of its first part: The grammar in the title has been corrected. – Carsten S Jan 31 '18 at 13:11

Es ist soweit can be translated as Time has come, or Now is the time.

So Bald ist es soweit can be translated as Soon, time will come, or Soon, it's the time or, more loosely, It won't take long anymore.

Bald is es soweit => Es wird bald das passieren, worauf man gewartet hat, oder was man erwartet oder gehofft hat.

• I like your precise translation into non-idiomatic (unambiguous) language Es wird bald das passieren, worauf man gewartet hat. – Christian Geiselmann Jan 31 '18 at 13:21
  • @Christian: thanks. You would say it to kids waiting for Santa, right? Or to people watching the ignition of the Olympic fire. I amended the line a little. – Rudy Velthuis Jan 31 '18 at 13:25
  • Yes, to kids about Santa, but there are many other use-cases, e.g. two people sitting in front of a computer and waiting for some operation to finalize; or people waiting for the green traffic light (altough then it would rather be Gleich ist es soweit, as gleich seems to be sooner than bald). – Christian Geiselmann Jan 31 '18 at 14:33
  • @Christian: indeed. Bald sounds a little weird for a traffic light. – Rudy Velthuis Jan 31 '18 at 15:26

This saying is used to pronounce a soon coming happening.

Example:

»Wann kommt die Ware denn endlich bei mir an?«  – »Bald ist es soweit.«
(»When do I get the goods finally?« – »Soon it will be done.«)

You could translate it with. "It'll be here soon", it announces an event that is close to occuring.

if you want to stray a bit you could go towards "prepare for X"

I would do it literally then go into more complex thinking. "Then it is shown" is how I would read it. As in be ready for something to come.

Hi, welcome to German SE. Could you clarify your answer a bit, maybe on the line of “Not long now” or “Coming very soon”? “Then it is shown” is not easily understandable ;) – Philipp Jan 31 '18 at 13:15

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.