Can man use any of these words in daily life about anything in order to say "renounce", or there is some places that one does not fit?

closed as off-topic by Robert, user unknown, Hubert Schölnast, Stephie, LangLangC Feb 11 '18 at 14:19

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "This site is about the usage and rules of the German language. It is not well-suited to replace dictionaries, grammar books or similar. If you have already consulted such general references and still have questions, please edit your question to explain what you found and why it did not help. See this post on Meta for more information." – Robert, user unknown, Hubert Schölnast, Stephie, LangLangC
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• @LangLangC I think this website is for asking productive questions which is benfitial for each german learner, I am not asking akward questions but really important questions which interests every learner – Hussien Chahin Feb 10 '18 at 1:56
  • @LangLangC I need to know how this system is supposed to work in your opinion – Hussien Chahin Feb 10 '18 at 1:57
    Not necessarily a criticism, just an observation: I am just wondering why you keep asking questions in this cadence, not up/downvoting on what you read, never accepting an answer. We/I, I presume, are happy to help you out, but the frequency of new posts is in an odd ratio to resolved (for you at least) questions. Please revisit help center if in doubt about this. There s also German Language Chat and of course German Language Meta! – LangLangC Feb 10 '18 at 2:06
    @HussienChahin: Let me again point you to our tour which you still haven't fully visited and a huge help center to give you additional details on how this site works. Plus, people had always commented on your questions to tell you what could be improved. Please also read about what the question ban is and how to avoid getting into it: german.stackexchange.com/help/question-bans – Takkat Feb 10 '18 at 8:15
    What did the dictionary say? – Robert Feb 10 '18 at 17:18

Short answer: no. They are not synonyms.

Entsagen and abschwören are very similar, though I would say abschwören is stronger. Both are a tad strong for daily life.

Abtreten (in the sense of renouncing) can only be used for something like an inheritance. And in contrast to the other two it needs a dative

Ich trat ihm mein Erbe ab.

From your previous question I think aufgeben is the best fit.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.