enter image description here

The cleaned gravestone seems fairly legible. Thank you!

closed as off-topic by peterh, Robert, Björn Friedrich, Hubert Schölnast, πάντα ῥεῖ Mar 4 '18 at 9:23

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – peterh, Robert, Hubert Schölnast, πάντα ῥεῖ
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

The site doesn't really like induvidual translation requests. Type in the text, try to translate it with google translate and ask what is not okay. – peterh Mar 4 '18 at 2:56
    New users can't include pictures into the question, this is a spam protection. I inserted it for you. Maybe you will get a translation from somebody in a comment, but honestly, I don't think that anybody would be happy trying to decipher the text on it. I suggest to paste the text, to make the work of the translators easier. – peterh Mar 4 '18 at 3:55
    Another thing: nobody likes the questions from which it is very well visible, that the asker didn't want to spent even a half minute in them. – peterh Mar 4 '18 at 3:56
    Other very similar Questions did not get closed. I vote for keeping this open – Beta Mar 4 '18 at 7:26
    @Beta: Es gibt kein gleiches Recht im Unrecht. Wenn es um das Entziffern der Buchstaben geht, müsste der Frager in Vorleistung gehen. Da dieser Stein anderen Leuten mit ähnlichen Fragen nicht hilft ihren Stein zu entziffern ist er ein zu individuelles Problem. Wenn das bei anderen Fragen auch schon so war ist es ein Grund diese auch zu schließen - nicht diese hier offen zu lassen. – user unknown Mar 4 '18 at 9:30

Still not terribly legible, and it would have been helpful if you had linked to the memorial page instead of just the picture, but here goes:

hier ruhet                  here lies
der ??? Leichnam            the ??? body
von Magdalene Keim          of Magdalene Keim
eine geborne                born
Hochin                      Hoch
wurde geboren               born 
im December 1736            in December 1736
und starb                   and died
den 21. April 1804          April 21, 1804
war alt worden              reached the age of
73 Jahre 4 Monate           73 years, 4 months
  • So grateful for the help! I will add your translation to the findagrave site. – Jan M Mar 5 '18 at 17:01

To complete the answer of @microtherion:
The word before Leichnam is "entselte" (modern spelling: entseelte), which means the body has lost it's spirit.
"Eine geborene Hochin" means her maiden name was "Hoch". It was common practice to use the feminine suffix -in on the surname for women.

• Wow, very much appreciated. My husband's 6th GGrandmother. – Jan M Mar 5 '18 at 17:03
  • Ah, brilliant! I'd been racking my brain what that word could have been — clearly the formula called for something similar to "mortal". "entseelte" makes indeed perfect sense. – microtherion Mar 6 '18 at 12:10

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.