Sie hilft anderen Überlebenden Informationen über Familienmitglieder ...

I cannot understand this sentence.

Does "Überlebenden Informationen" means the information of survivors or surviving information?

I do not think that the sentence is complete. Did you miss something at the end? Also, you you omitted capitalisation. In German that is meaningful. I would guess that überlebenden was capitalised. – Carsten S Mar 24 '18 at 11:19
  • Hello ,i just want to know what does überlebenden informationen mans – Martina Milad Mar 24 '18 at 11:45
    @MartinaMilad It's not complete, you need to add a second verb, "... zu verb". Moreover, please, respect the capitalization. :) Überlebenden should probably be written with capital. – c.p. Mar 24 '18 at 11:47
  • Ah okay thank you so much,i have just copied that sentence from a youtube video so they were already missing it – Martina Milad Mar 24 '18 at 11:50
    All of the things that you have omitted—capitalisation, commas, the end of the sentence—help in parsing the sentence. If you have read the sentence somewhere, then you should fix this. If you have heard it somewhere then you should add context. – Carsten S Mar 24 '18 at 11:52

Your sentence is most probably incomplete. I suppose it is something like

Sie hilft anderen Überlebenden, Informationen über Familienmitglieder zu bekommen.

(so, the verb in the subclause was missing)

Which would translate to

She's helping other survivors to receive information about family members.

• Or just "Sie hilft anderen Überlebenden mit Informationen...". – Rudy Velthuis Mar 25 '18 at 19:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.