Der Text geht um den Fortschritt der Privatschulen, bei denen/in denen/wo die Nachfrage nach Plätzen gestiegen ist.

• Only bei denen works here. Nonetheless, there are several other orthographic and grammatic errors in this sentence. – Björn Friedrich Apr 17 '18 at 13:18
  • What's the difference to your other question? – IQV Apr 17 '18 at 13:22
  • In the other question the english translation to german didn't serve the meaning, so maybe giving some suggestions and translating from german could give the correct meaning – Hussien Chahin Apr 17 '18 at 13:25

bei denen is the only possible pronoun.

in denen would be inside the schools.

wo is informally possible but should be avoided whenever possible, since this is local (very often used in Brandenburg (and Berlin))

However I recommend that you rewrite your sentence to something like: Der Text handelt von dem Fortschritt der Privatschulen, bei denen die Nachfrage nach Plätzen gestiegen ist.

geht um does not sound well.

Good answer but how frequent could this relative pronoun in this case be used in writing or speaking ? – Hussien Chahin Apr 17 '18 at 18:45
  • Since this relative pronoun is quite significant, you should not use it to often. I recommend that you have a maximum of one appearance per sentence or better one appearance per 2-3 sentences. Otherwise you would have to rewrite your sentence. For example, if you had already used bei denen before your example sentence, you could write: Der Text handelt davon, dass die Nachfrage von Plätzen an Privatschulen gestiegen ist. I hope I could help you. – fameman Apr 19 '18 at 6:17

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.