When I search in google
"habe kein Interesse an" -> 310.000 results
"habe keine Interesse an" -> 6.380 results

However
"habe groß Interesse an" -> 50 results
"habe große Interesse an" -> 5.180 results

What's the reason for this inconsistency, i.e. why kein rather than keine?

Sometimes even german people cannot write down their language correctly. A significant number of typos is another source for your results. – πάντα ῥεῖ May 10 '18 at 14:48
    For the sake of completeness and correctness, you should also look up "habe großes Interesse an" – Arsak May 10 '18 at 19:46

OK, I write the answer because it seems native speakers can hardly understand what problems non-native speakers have.

It is "das Interesse" - neuter, not feminine. Therefore, "kein Interesse" is correct and "keine Interesse" is not.

I remember it was a bit problem for me too, this word sounds sooo feminine and in my language it is feminine...

| improve this answer | |
  • I understand the difficulty, but looking up the gender in a dictionary is still something that you should have done before asking the question, and it would not have been more effort than your Google investigation. – Carsten S May 10 '18 at 16:40
  • @CarstenS I did, but I was so sure it was feminine that I misread everytime. – Oppenede May 10 '18 at 19:54

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.