I'm trying to figure the equivalent for performance machine/device/system in German.

So far I have got the followings but I am not sure if it is correct or not:

• Leistungssyteme

• Leistungsmachine

• Leistungsrechner

• Hochleistungsrechner

Which one sounds correct and perfect in a German way?

• A qualified answer would need information about the area of technology you are dealing with. – Christian Geiselmann Sep 19 '18 at 9:14
  • @ChristianGeiselmann involved more in IoT developements – IteratioN7T Sep 19 '18 at 16:39

It has to be Hochleistungs-, because Leistung simply means power or performance and there's a value missing. I wonder if the high is really skipped often in English either.

das Hochleistungssystem — high performance system

die Hochleistungsmaschine — high performance machine

der Hochleistungsrechner — supercomputer

Mind the s in the German die Maschine.

• this word comes at the end of the name which i am using for my new venture... so i think in terms of business performance is right i guess... also the abbreviation of my venture ends up like this ZFL, but as you suggested Hochleistungs the abbr. would be ZFH which doesn't blend well. – IteratioN7T Sep 19 '18 at 6:05
  • It sounds silly either way. German in general pivots around the last item (applies to lists, compounds, clauses etc.) and your ZFLS or ZFHS has the L/H in the middle. It's unimportant then. – Janka Sep 19 '18 at 9:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.