Is there anything like this? It probably should be in a form of a child story or something similar.

there is one for Dativ:

"Mit, nach, von, seit, aus, zu, bei verlangen stets Fall Nummer drei."

which is in Russian? – c.p. Sep 19 '18 at 13:39
  • Please add a list of all prepositions you want to have covered. – Christian Geiselmann Sep 19 '18 at 16:05
  • @ChristianGeiselmann what do you mean? I need a mnemonic memorize the list) – kharandziuk Sep 19 '18 at 16:38
  • @kharandziuk Funny, yes. But I need the list in order to create a mnomonic sentence for you. – Christian Geiselmann Sep 19 '18 at 23:12

fub-dog suffices (since the somehere else listed wider is old-fashioned and entlang is not accustive-preposition).

It helps to remember the list: für, um, bis, durch ohne, gegen. Or so I hope.

• @IQV Mh. right. I should integrate bis. But entlang is change preposition. – c.p. Sep 19 '18 at 13:43
  • @IQV Da hast du recht, und ist somit das Wort Fudgebow nicht mehr so schön. Denn: Man geht aber entlang des Weges. Die Definition einer Akk.-Präposition ist, dass sie ausschliesslich vom Akk. geregelt ist. – c.p. Sep 19 '18 at 17:58

Oh, this dative-verse is really cute! Although it withholds binnen, entgegen, gegenüber, gemäß, laut, (mit-)samt and zuliebe. But okay.

I wouldn't know one for the prepositions that can only take the accusative, but as these are: à, bis, durch, für, gegen, je, per, pro, um and wider, you might want to try

a-bi-du / fü-ge-je / p-p-um / wi und Schluss

I certainly will not ge given the Nobel Price for Literature for that one, but if it helps YOU, it's good enough.

If saying it doesn't help you to remember, sing it. Yes, I'm serious! Maybe there's an old children's song or a folksong or a pop song with a suitable melody. Or try it with your most expressive baritone voice - whatsoever. It works.

Cheers!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.