In a drama "Extra" episode 8, there is a statement.

Sag ihr, ich habe einen Igel gefressen oder dass ich zum Mond gefahren bin.

This is what Nick tells his friend to make a woman (Edeltraut) leave. She is asking for Nick outside the door.
Does 'to eat hedgehog' have any special meaning?

Ah, I see. Thank you. (you can make it an answer, so that I can select.) – Chan Kim Dec 5 at 14:56
    Suicide by hedgehog ;) – Philipp Dec 5 at 15:59
  • Can you elaborate on the context: "Extra ep 8"? Is that a TV series or sth? One that is dubbed or originally German language? – LangLangC Dec 5 at 16:09
    @Janka Ich erinnere mich allerdings an eine Geschichte aus dem Kanon deutscher Schulbuchliteratur erinnern, bei der es hauptsächlich darum ging, dass sich Leute einen Igel braten (in Lehm verpackt auf dem Feuer). Komme jetzt nicht auf den Autor... einer der Klassiker aus den 50ern bis 60ern... – Christian Geiselmann Dec 5 at 23:02
  • @LangLangC it's a situation comedy made in 5 languages. You can find it in German version on Youtube by searching "Extra in German". It's all 13 episodes and has German subscript. – Chan Kim Dec 6 at 0:04
up vote 5 down vote accepted

No. It has no special meaning.

This just means:

Tell her, that I have done something, that she never will believe.

or:

Lie to her, and do it in a way that she knows for sure that you are lying.

Nick doesn't care what Edeltraut thinks about him. He just wants her to leave .

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.