Google translate gives me this:

Kann ich mit jemandem sprechen, der Englisch spricht?

Is that correct or is there a better way to say it?

closed as off-topic by πάντα ῥεῖ, David Vogt, Philipp, Torsten Link, Robert Jan 10 at 5:44

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "German Language SE is for specific questions of general interest and to help you learn and understand. Thus, requests for proofreading, spell checking or translations of individual texts are not a good fit here. If you can, please narrow down your question to a single specific source of concern. See this post on Meta for more information." – πάντα ῥεῖ, David Vogt, Philipp, Torsten Link, Robert
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    What are your doubts? That's perfectly fine to ask so. – πάντα ῥεῖ Jan 9 at 11:09
  • I had bad experiences with Google translator before, so I wanted to make sure the translation is correct, thanks! – tvs Jan 9 at 11:17
  • Google translate has an extensive phrasebook. Standard phrases are usually translated perfectly. – Janka Jan 9 at 13:59
  • 2
    In order to avoid "bad experiences with Google translator", use deepl.com . You'll be pleasantly surprised. – multiplex et liber Jan 9 at 14:22

Yes, that is perfectly fine. You might also check asking someone to speak english for one to one conversations.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.