Is there Any page or list or link, etc. where there are all the German verbs for A2/A1 exam?

You should mention which exam you are talking about. One answer assumes that you are talking about the Goethe-Institut and is getting upvotes, the other assumes that you are talking in general and rightly points out that there is no such list while getting downvoted. – David Vogt Mar 7 at 9:42

You can find lists of words (in general, not only verbs) in some of the textbooks that are available for learning German at level A1/A2 by various publishing houses.

However, as these are not standardized down to the level of single words, these lists are valid especially for these textbooks or course programmes, and perhaps in other textbooks there might be minor difference (some words missing, others in use).

Please understand that the pedagogical concept behind such courses and textbooks is not the learn by heart a certain set of words. Rather, the idea is to lead learners into using the language (pro-) actively, and develop their competences. Competence means here: the ability to cope with unexpected situations and unfamiliar environments by using the tools (knowledge, skills) one actually has in a creative way.

In other words: you should not be concerned with word lists. You should be concerned with reading texts and understanding them, listening to people speaking, and understanding them; practicing speaking with people; practicing writing texts that are adequate in certain situations of everyday life.

What I would do is not learning words from a word list, but: reading the texts in the book; and if I see a word I do not understand, look it up. Then read the text again. And tomorrow again. Thus you will learn the word, but in context.

If you want to look up word lists anyway, please refer to the respective textbooks.

Here is one (of dozens):

Daniela Niebisch et al.: Schritte plus 1. Kursbuch und Arbeitsbuch. Niveau A1/1. Hueber, München 2009 (and following).

A word list is on pages 174-180. [I happen to have the 2016/10 edition]

There are various online offers with teaching materials for free. One is "Ich will Deutsch lernen" by the Association of German Community Colleges (Deutscher Volkshochschulverband).

Older plattform (content is good, graphics a bit outdated):

www.iwdl.de

New plattform, opened in late 2018 (modern graphics, as for 2019 standards):

https://deutsch.vhs-lernportal.de/

• Thanks for your informative and helpful answer :) – Keipro Mar 26 at 11:36

The Goethe Institute publishes word lists for the different language levels, e.g. the GOETHE-ZERTIFIKAT A2 WORTLISTE:

enter image description here

Unfortunately, it's not only verbs, but all vocabulary.

• And as we see from chatten, this word list is rather arbitrary. Native German speakers over age 50 won't even know this word and over age 40 they won't use it actively. – Janka Mar 6 at 10:53
    @Janka, ich denke, die Zeiten haben sich inzwischen auch geändern. Ich chatte mit meiner Großtante in Whatsapp. Sie ist über 80. – Iris Mar 6 at 10:55
  • Nennt sie das auch "chatten"? … Ich rechne eher mit Da muss ich auf diese grüne Blase klicken. Klicken ist auch Eins dieser computerspezifischen Worte, die nur langsam Einzug gefunden haben. Immerhin gibt es dafür mehr Anwedungsmöglichkeiten, aber mein Vater sagt selbst immer tippen. – Janka Mar 6 at 10:55
  • Ja, sie weiß auf jedenfall was Chat und chatten ist. Ich sag aber auch eher "lass uns schreiben" und nicht "lass uns chatten" – Iris Mar 6 at 11:35
    @Janka: I am over 50 (58, to be exact), but I am sure that most people my age will know the word chatten, be they native speakers or not. And they will use it actively, if appropriate. And most of the people I know of a similar age are native German speakers. – Rudy Velthuis Mar 6 at 18:34

As far I know, there is no such list. Exams are created by German language teachers, and they know enough well, what is really needed for which level of knowledge.

As far I know, Japanese and Chinese school system has a list of their Kanjis what the students need to learn to pass it.

However, on the exam it is not a requirement to know all the verbs, there is a point limit (60% or 70%, as far I can remember) what you need to pass.

Find exams on the net. If you can fill them, here is the time to get also the paper. If not, search for questions about effective learning tips & tricks.

• As another answer points out, there is a list (not only verbs) – PiedPiper Mar 6 at 12:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.