I cannot find the answer to this anywhere. I am filling out a residence permit renewal form.

  • 2
    It would be helpful if you show the original form text. May 2 '19 at 18:54
  • Welcome to German Language SE. Can you please edit your question to specify: 1. In what contexts do these words appear? 2. What is the (English) form asking for?
    – Wrzlprmft
    May 4 '19 at 16:25

"Passart" would be the kind of passport you have.
"Nummer" is the passport number

  • The problem with forms is often that you don't know what the allowed or expected answers are. What kinds of passports are there?
    – David Vogt
    May 2 '19 at 20:12
  • @DavidVogt: Typically, "Reisepass", "Diplomatenpass", and maybe a few more if the German word is really "Passart". If it includes other types of ID cards, "Passart" would be a somewhat unusual term IMHO. May 2 '19 at 23:08

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.