What should be the meaning of the sentence: "es hat mir sehr gut gefallen."

As per the translator, it means 'I liked it very well'

But i think it should mean 'it suits me very well'

Why am I wrong?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Eller, Glorfindel, Björn Friedrich, Robert, Arsak Jun 4 at 5:26

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

What makes you think it means 'it suits me very well'? – PiedPiper Jun 2 at 22:02

The translator is wrong, 'I liked it very well' is not even correct English. It should be "I liked it very much".

Since you don't say why you think "it suits me very well" would be a good translation, there's no way of telling why you are wrong.

• what does gefallen means? Doesn't it mean 'suit'. The google translator showed this. So I assumed that the sentence can mean "it suits me very well" – akshit bhatia Jun 3 at 10:44
  • @akshitbhatia It means to please someone. Dict.leo.org does give 'suit' as a possible translation, but I consider that a very unusual translation. "Passen" is better for "to suit" – PiedPiper Jun 3 at 10:53

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.