I'm trying to decipher the following handwritten text.

enter image description here

My best guess is:

man wird mir immer die Deutung als Automorphismen der formel(?) entstehenden(?) Links(oder Rechts-)Ideale als Richtschnur nehmen müssen.

It could probably translate to something like:

To me one must take as a guideline the interpretation of the formula-developing left(or right-)ideals as automorphisms.

This is clearly an indecent translation, but it's what I can come to. Any enlightening idea on words and meanings?

• it's rather "formal" (formally) than "formel". Rest looks O.K. – tofro Jun 5 at 16:18

man wird mir immer die Deutung als Automorphismen der formal entstehenden Links(oder Rechts-)Ideale als Richtschnur nehmen müssen.

> To me one must take as a guideline the interpretation [of whatever?] as automorphisms of the formally resulting left (or right) ideals.

Note that the sentence leaves open what is supposed to be interpreted ("gedeutet") as automorphisms.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.