I have heard native German speaker use the word 'Kuchen' to mean to call back/discuss.

For example: Kuchen sie mit Hr.xyz

I cant find this any other meaning for this word apart from cake.

Is there some other similar sounding word? or have I just misheard rufen?

The closest I can think of is "versuchen sie's mit Hr xyz". I am afraid this question isn't concisely answerable here without more context. – πάντα ῥεῖ Nov 26 '19 at 18:22
    "or have I just misheard rufen?" rufen mit doesn't make sense. – πάντα ῥεῖ Nov 26 '19 at 18:27
    And BTW, it's almost sure you misheard something, there's no alternate meaning of Kuchen than cake. – πάντα ῥεῖ Nov 26 '19 at 18:30
  • Maybe "Kochen sie mit ..." ? (cook with...) – knut Nov 26 '19 at 20:04
    I‘d guess „kucken“ as „look“.... – Torsten Link Nov 26 '19 at 20:18

There is no other meaning for "Kuchen" than "cake" in German. I am almost certain you misheard something. As you suggest that "call back/discuss" was meant, some things that come to mind could be:

• anrufen -> call/call back
  • suchen -> search
  • aufsuchen -> see/call/visit, and (as was already suggested)
  • versuchen -> try
| improve this answer | |

Maybe you heard the word kuschen [ˈkʊʃn̩], not Kuchen [ˈkuːxn̩].

It means "to knuckle under" and would usually used with "vor", not with "mit". For example:

Kuschen Sie vor Herrn XYZ!

| improve this answer | |
  • "to mean to call back/discuss." - 'kuschen' doesn't really fit the given context, imho – Arsak Nov 27 '19 at 13:13
    Really smashing joke! How about 'Kuscheln Sie mit Herrn XYZ'? – Ralf Joerres Nov 27 '19 at 14:32
  • Well, "call back" might be a misinterpretation – the relationship might be more subordinate than Adithya perceived. – Cacambo Nov 28 '19 at 6:45

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.