This is not a question about German language per se, but about learning it. So down-voters please save it.

Most German movies and series either don't have subtitles or, for example on Mediathek, have subtitles that are not exact or 1:1. The reason is that they make such subtitles for those viewer who have hearing problem or alike, so they make the subtitle more concise, or omit some parts that are not crucial for understanding the story. I have also noticed that sometimes they even replace words with their synonyms, which I don't understand why.

Anyway, I figure there should be here or there some German movies or series that have exact subtitles. For example, on the Internet I found exact German subtitle for the movie 'Untergang'. Now I am looking for more such movies. I appreciate if you write down the name of the movie/series and the address that the subtitles can be found. I believe that would be a great help for those who are learning German.

Could the downvoter please explain why? – Sasan Dec 2 at 21:17
  • Try setting your netflix locale to Germany. I think nearly everything has German subtitles. As for the downvotes ( obligatory I didn't): As you said, this is not about the German language but about language learning, so it's off-topic here. – infinitezero Dec 2 at 21:22
    I do not think that official subtitles are ever exact. – Carsten S Dec 2 at 21:54
    Was sollen die Apostrophe um "exact" ausdrücken? – user unknown Dec 3 at 4:52
    @userunknown I would suppose Sasan means "word by word" translations. Which of course might turn out the proper opposite of "exact" if you look rather at meaning and pragmatics. – Christian Geiselmann Dec 3 at 11:07