Is this the most accurate English translation? Is it accurate at all?

I don't get the thing with down votes. If I'm not welcome here, I'm not gonna ask questions any more. – Abstract Jan 15 at 17:29
    Welcome to SE German Language Abstract. You can (and should) read about what are considered good on-topic questions at this site in our help center. It's nothing personal, but about the content you're posting. – πάντα ῥεῖ Jan 15 at 17:54
    Hi Abstract, welcome to this forum. - This forum is not intended for providing translations or for doing spellchecking or proofreading. This forum is intended for questions (and answers) about German language (grammar, expression, etc.). A good question highlights a general problem. Also,a good question has the potential to be of use or interest for other readers. And third, a good question demonstrates your own preliminary efforts to solve the problem. – Christian Geiselmann Jan 15 at 21:57
    @Abstract Yes, it has something of Wikipedia -- arbitrary and not really plausible. That's why I don't ask questions anymore. – user41324 Jan 16 at 9:06
    Thank you for welcoming me, but I was already "welcomed" by being virtually kicked out. I asked those questions to explore possible contexts in which different English translations could or couldn't apply. Those sentences puzzle me and quite some people use them to study German currently. – Abstract Jan 16 at 14:57

It's rather

No, not like that!

It implies that you're doing something but in the wrong way ("so").

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.