Is this the most accurate English translation? Is it accurate at all?

I don't get the thing with down votes. If I'm not welcome here, I'm not gonna ask questions any more.
    – Abstract
    Jan 15 '20 at 17:29
    Welcome to SE German Language Abstract. You can (and should) read about what are considered good on-topic questions at this site in our help center. It's nothing personal, but about the content you're posting. Jan 15 '20 at 17:54
    Hi Abstract, welcome to this forum. - This forum is not intended for providing translations or for doing spellchecking or proofreading. This forum is intended for questions (and answers) about German language (grammar, expression, etc.). A good question highlights a general problem. Also,a good question has the potential to be of use or interest for other readers. And third, a good question demonstrates your own preliminary efforts to solve the problem. Jan 15 '20 at 21:57
    @Abstract Yes, it has something of Wikipedia -- arbitrary and not really plausible. That's why I don't ask questions anymore.
    – user41324
    Jan 16 '20 at 9:06
    Thank you for welcoming me, but I was already "welcomed" by being virtually kicked out. I asked those questions to explore possible contexts in which different English translations could or couldn't apply. Those sentences puzzle me and quite some people use them to study German currently.
    – Abstract
    Jan 16 '20 at 14:57

It's rather

No, not like that!

It implies that you're doing something but in the wrong way ("so").

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.