What is the correct change of the following expression

alle Fakten, deren Auswirkungen und die ergriffenen Maßnahmen

into the genitive case

Beschreibung aller Fakten, der?? Auswirkungen und der ergriffenen Maßnahmen

I thought about derer but that is the genitive of the demonstrative plural pronoun die. So, what is the genitive of the demonstrative pronoun (die) in the genitive case (i.e. deren)? Is there a form? Does it simply stay unchanged (i.e. deren)? Or, is such an expression not possible at all?

Please consider dessen, too.

der Mann, dessen Haus und Hund

in genitive

ein Bild des Mannes, de??? Hauses und Hundes

• Do people, who downvote my question understand at all that I'm asking about the genitive form of dessen/deren? I'm not asking about how/when to build dessen/deren. Is the answer that obvious? I don't think so.
    – Ben A.
    Feb 14 '20 at 16:14
  • I didn't downvote but I'm not quite sure what your question is in the first part. Could you provide an English translation for what you intend to say? Possibly even better a complete sentence, context always matters. Feb 14 '20 at 16:49
    Did you have a look at a declension table and if so, what remains unclear? Feb 14 '20 at 17:05
    @BenA. Unfortunately, downloading pertinent questions is not rare here...
    – Nico
    Feb 14 '20 at 18:41

I think I understand your confusion now.

What confused me is that you wanted to know the genitive case of dessen or deren although it is already written in the genitive case. There is no such thing as a "double genitive" version of those. This may introduce some ambiguity in some cases. But in these example it's quite clear.

Das ist das Bild des Mannes, dessen Hauses und Hundes

More natural/idiomatic to me is this sentence

Das ist das Bild des Mannes, seines Hauses und (seines) Hundes.

The same holds true for the first sentence:

Beschreibung aller Fakten, deren Auswirkungen und der ergriffenen Maßnahmen

You could also rephrase it here, but using deren or dessen is perfectly fine and correct.

Beschreibung aller Fakten, ihrer Auswirkungen und der ergriffenen Maßnahmen

• Thank you for your answer. It's apparently correct. I've decided to accept the presented similar question because of the contained link to Duden. If this (quasi) authority gives the example die Ankunft meines Bruders und dessen Verlobter I'm satisfied. As a recompensation, I disclose my actual problem. I've been trying to amend (for myself) a grammatical error in the German version of the General Data Protection Regulation (Datenschutz-Grundverordnung). Have a look at "von deren" in art. 33 para. 5. It doesn't match with the text before. "einschließlich" is new. "von deren" was not adjusted.
    – Ben A.
    Feb 14 '20 at 21:49

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.