Could the indefinite pronouns in genitive (jeder, mehrere, mancher, niemand, kein, etc.) be used to express possession? Can these pronouns be used for making formal statements in genitive (like in the case of personal pronouns)?

Also do they accompany verbs that require genitive? Some clarifications regarding this aspect would be much appreciated.

I'd like to read some clarifications - better put: some examples where you think it should work? And how is the genitive part causally connected to the possesion part? Right now it seems better to make two different questions. – Shegit Brahm Mar 26 at 7:05
  • It's hard for me to formulate an example because I can't find the exact translation of these words in english. "Kein", for example, roughly translates as "no", but if someone wishes to decline it in genitive it would be declined as "no one's" because "no's" would make no sense, right? And "no one's" can also be translated as "niemands" which confuses me even more. To me personally, it doesn't make any sense. That's why I want someone to point out one example of each indefinite pronoun in genitive but I guess that seems to be too much for some of the people here. – Rare Mar 26 at 16:26
  • For example: de.wiktionary.org/wiki/keiner – Carsten S Mar 29 at 14:59