Die Farbe des Bus(ses) ist blau.

From what I know either "s" or "es" is added at the end of a masculine/neuter noun in singular form in genitive. This seems to be a special case.

Do you happen to know any other masculine/neuter nouns in genitive singular that have other terminations besides s/es?

I think "Schönen" can fit into this category as well.

Since there are many nouns that belong to the so-called N-Deklination, I decided to create a community wiki. You can add relevant words to the alphabetically ordered lists by editing this answer.

Masculine:

• Bär → Bären
  • Hase → Hasen
  • Held → Helden
  • Herr → Herr(e)n
  • Mensch → Menschen
  • Präsident → Präsidenten
  • Rabe → Raben
  • Student → Studenten

Neuter:

TODO: Fürst, Graf, Prinz, Zar, Welf, Schenk, Hirt, Schultheiß, Spatz, Fink, Pfau, Greif, Leu, Narr, Tor, Depp, Geck, Mohr, Oberst, Untertan, Vorfahr, Ahn, Typ, Graph, Tyrann, Kamerad, Bote, Rabe, Löwe, Welpe, Biograph, Digraph, Geograph, Photograph/Fotograf, Astrologe, Biologe, Geologe, Neurologe, Philologe, Psychologe, Astronom, Ökonom, Taxonom, Philosoph, Theosoph, Afghane, Apache, Brite, Chinese, Burmese, Däne, Este, Finne, ...

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.