The academic book I`m using has translated this part of a sentence

Konsequenz aus etwas ziehen

as

draw the consequences from something

and I can't really relate what does it mean ?

I have searched for the English translation of this and I came by a thread saying the English expression is wrong.

So I am stuck on getting the meaning in both languages.

So if someone can introduce an explanation of the German expression in any language (German/English), it would help.

• Welcome to German.SE. Do need to understand, what "Konsequenz aus etwas ziehen" in German means so that you can translate it yourself into english? Or do you need the understanding in German and a good translation into English? If "a thread" says this (which? the German or the English?) is wrong - did it elaborate what is wrong? May 13, 2020 at 6:08
  • i don't know but i tried to correct my post.
    – Mai Ehab
    May 13, 2020 at 21:20

1 Answer 1

"Konsequenzen aus etwas ziehen" means to "take consequences" or sometimes to "draw conclusions". What is meant: An insight or perhaps an action resulting from this insight.

My employer hasn't paid me for three months now. So I take the consequences and quit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.