I watch a lot of ARD dramas to improve my listening comprehension, and I also use the dialogues to create cards for my Anki collection.

Currently I do all this manually, i.e. when I find something worth learning, I type it all up by hand.

I was wondering if there is a way to download the SRT files directly and then copy and paste what I want into my Anki cards. I can do this with Netflix using a Chrome extension.

Has anyone done anything like this?

57,50€? That seems like 40€ too much. – infinitezero Jul 17 at 19:15
    Some programs (e.g.RBB or BR) provide .srt files for download, it's a bit tricky to find these though. – πάντα ῥεῖ Jul 17 at 19:20
    I’m voting to close this question because this is not a question about German language. It is a question about a broadcast company. – Hubert Schölnast Jul 17 at 19:22
    There's a desktop program (JAVA) that allows for including subtitles in the downloads: mediathekview.de – Bernhard Döbler Jul 17 at 21:08
  • @bernhard-döbler, thanks very much. It works like a dream. If you write your comment as an answer, I'll accept it as the best answer and hopefully that will help others in the future. – HPB Jul 17 at 21:30

There's a desktop program (requires JAVA runtime) that allows for downloading from the public TV stations' Mediatheks. It's possible to include subtitles in the downloads: mediathekview.de

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.