I have already memorized the basic Adjektivdeklination but there are words that can work like an article like:

jed(-), all(-), einig(-), manch(-), dies(-), jen(-), welch(-), solch(-), and etc.

These exceptions are starting to confuse me in situations where I ask myself which ending I should be using for the adjective accompanying these words. Do you guys have a comprehensive book/website/reference that contains what I'm talking about? Or if one of you guys has already noticed this and did write all about it, please share it with me.

  • 2
    Instead of der and ein you need to think about so-called der-words and ein-words. The der-words decline like der (of course) and adjectives behave as if following der itself when they follow a der-word. Similarly for ein-words. See the UW-Madison pages here, here and here. In fact use the whole site as a reference for a lot of things. – RDBury Sep 23 at 19:02
  • You just saved me. I can't thank you enough. – Mario Bedoun Sep 23 at 20:20
  • 6
    @RDBury: Why don't you write this as an answer? – Hubert Schölnast Sep 24 at 5:48
  • @Hubert Schölnast -- It's not really an answer is it? basically just some links to another website. Anyway, I thought that someone with more expertise would have given a complete answer by now. That's assuming that it hasn't already been answered in another question; this site gets a lot of questions on declining adjectives. – RDBury Sep 24 at 17:31

You can have a look at any pages explaining der-Wörter and ein-Wörter, like for instance these ones which explain very well: (1)(2)

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.