I am using the internet, dictionaries (Pons, Duden, Langenscheidt) und various automatic translation services to improve my German. Sometimes there seems to be only one German phrase for multiple English thoughts.
The German phrase, Ich kann es nicht ertragen, seems to be the only way that a person can express the following English sentences.
- I can't bear it. (the weight of it is too much)
- I can't stomach it. (it causes my stomach to feel pain)
- I can't tolerate it. (it makes me suffer)
- I can't stand it. (it makes it impossible to stand)
- I can't endure it. (the duration is too long)
- I can't take it. (it is too much for me)
Are there other ways to express, Ich kann es nicht ertragen, other than this one way? Are there more variations that people would use in slang, more common language. Are there finer ways to express this thought that have more flare and color to them?
Can the following phrases be used as substitutes:
- Ich kann nicht damit umgehen.
- Ich kann nicht damit leben.
If this is an inappropriate question for this forum, try not to totally destroy me. Ich kannte es nicht ertragen. :)